Top 5 Tips for maintaining your BMWs and Minis
- Service your BMW or Mini according to the service light indicator in the instrument cluster. If you’re not sure what service is due. We are more than happy to spend some time with you going through your options.
- Check your tyre pressures every month regardless of mileage. Low tyre pressures can not only cause poor tyre tread wear but also cause damage to your expensive alloy wheels.
- Regularly check your engine oil level. Not only is this important to keep your engine running, but various engine systems require oil pressure to operate at their optimum. Not having enough oil can cause all manner of problems.
- Prepare your car for all seasons. If the winter is setting in, make sure the antifreeze concentration is ok in your engine coolant. Make sure you have a sufficient amount of screenwash in your washer bottle. This can freeze meaning the washers won’t work. Fit a set of winter tyres if at all possible. Or at the very minimum, make sure you have plenty of tread left on each tyre.
- If you are unlucky enough to have a warning light appear on your dashboard. Don’t ignore it. It’s your cars way of telling you something isn’t right and needs attention. Things may only get worse if you do!